PSL’s high containment milling and micronizing solutions are innovatively designed for safe size reduction of active ingredients. We have the understanding and expertise of every type of mill (pin mill, comill, jet mill) and can provide total integration and operation within our process isolators.
PSL’s Micronizing Isolator features total containment isolators whilst milling compounds along with a controlled safe environment. All equipment can be purged with nitrogen to prevent dust explosions and can achieve less than 1% Oxygen.
PSL Universal Milling Isolators provide interchangeable process mills with integrated feeder and particle size analyser in a compact design with excellence ergonomics including L-shape window for better visibility. PSL Isolators and Glove Boxes are all compliant with Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and are designed in accordance with the required local and international regulations. PSL provide a standard 4mm stainless main body construction for precision-built systems designed for longevity. Our process specialists provide 3D models and full-scale mock-ups when necessary and assured containment to nanogram levels including Containment Performance Testing protocol.
- Assessment of milling process including types of mill, feeders and product collection
- Safety review including nitrogen protection system for dust explosion risks
- Sampling methods including integration of online particle size analysers
- External drive systems eliminating cross contamination of motors
- Inert milling for product and operator protection
- Nitrogen purge system
- Clean-in-place (CIP) system
- Fully PLC controlled
- Variety of container size inputs and outputs
- Dust collectors
- Total expertise from an original containment pioneer
- Safe change HEPA filters (push-push) including remote design